Jennifer E. LaGrange is a seasoned litigator who has handled trials and appeals, and managed complex e-discovery. She has extensive experience in general commercial litigation, including consumer fraud class actions, multidistrict litigation, constitutional law, government contracts, bid protests, international trade and tariff disputes, veterans’ appeals, and securities litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Jenn spent three years as a Trial Attorney with the United States Department of Justice, Civil Division, Commercial Litigation Branch, National Courts Section in Washington, D.C. Jenn also spent several years as an associate at Skadden Arps in Los Angeles. While there, she participated in the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Trial Advocacy Program and served as a volunteer prosecutor for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Compton Branch.
Jenn earned her law degree from the University of California, Davis School of Law, where she was Order of the Coif and served as an articles editor on the U.C. Davis Law Review. She received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Riverside, where she majored in Political Science and graduated summa cum laude.
After graduating from U.C. Davis, Jenn clerked for the Honorable Kathleen Cardone in the Western District of Texas and the Honorable Robert R. Beezer on the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- California Lawyer Magazine Attorney of the Year, 2013
- Secured dismissal of $600 million fraud claim against health care provider.
- Secured dismissal of class action under the California Resale Royalties Act after a federal court ruled the statute unconstitutional under the dormant Commerce Clause.
- Defended government agency in bench trial resulting in no liability on contested claims.
- Secured guilty verdict in jury trial of animal neglect case.
- Arbitrated multi-million dollar architects and engineers (A&E) liability lawsuit.
- Compelled arbitration in consumer fraud class action shortly after the Supreme Court’s decision in AT&T Mobility LLC v. Concepcion, 563 U.S. 333 (2011).
- Consolidated consumer fraud class actions in multidistrict litigation, secured partial dismissal of claims, and obtained immediate interlocutory review of order.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Federal Circuits
- All United States District Courts in California
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of International Trade
- Washington, D.C.